Are you interested in a rewarding career working with our youth and teens? If you have academic training or a professional background in education, guidance, social work or physical education, apply to join our Club today.
All employees are subject to pre-employment background checks including fingerprints and pre-employment drug testing.
Youth Development Professional
Hours: Part-time (max 25 hours a week)
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of West Chester/Liberty is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens. The Boys & Girls Club of West Chester/Liberty provides a safe and nurturing environment for children and teens to learn and grow. To better enrich the lives of children and youth we offer programs and services in five core areas: character and leadership; education and career development; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.
Develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates children and daily programs (such as education, special education, social recreation, arts and crafts, and physical education).
• Coordinates program services and cooperative learning activities for members and visitors that are both fun and instructional.
• Supervises members in the program area; ensures safety of members, positive values, and ethical behavior through quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all times.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive guidance and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
• Inventories all supplies necessary for program and submits requisitions for reordering.
• Maintains administrative reports and submits them in a timely manner.
• Establishes positive relationships with children, their parents and/or guardians.
• Maintain open communications with Club staff to discuss issues, share information and interpret and explain organizational mission and values, priority outcomes, and program objectives and standards.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of youth development with a minimum of two years experience in youth programs.
• Ability to motivate children and youth, and manage behavior problems in a positive manner.
• Ability to deal with school officials, teachers and the general public in a professional, courteous manner.
• Ability to plan and implement quality age-appropriate programs for children and youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.